Do you pipe up with advice whenever a friend has a phone question? Or are you the one doing the asking? Do terms like Nandroid and CWM roll off your tongue, or have you not rooted your phone yet? Do you live for QR codes? (Have you scanned the one on our front door?)
Regardless of experience level, you’re welcome at our regular Android meetups! Learn about your phone (or tablet), share what you know, break something, fix something, and most importantly, meet other enthusiasts!
I promise to have the doors open by 7pm, but earlier is probably fine if you’re in the area.
Lock pickin’ that is.
This is an open locksport meetup. An experienced member of the Toool group will be there to give a presentation to introduce beginners to lock picking!
If you show up late, we will lock you out and you will have to pick your way in.
Wednesday, Sept 21. 7:00 pm
(okay, just kidding about that last bit)
Coming soon to a welding table near you!
On Saturday June 11th noon – 4pm, we will be exploring once again the powers of welding metal together with current.
Due to limited equipment the workshop will only have a small bit of one-on-one. There will be plenty of time afterwards to practice your skills.
Knowledge on torches, arc and stick will be covered, possibly some demonstration of our new TIG.
Welders should wear work or shop clothes without openings or gaps, to prevent arc light from reaching the skin. In fact, those even working close to arc welding should also wear protective clothing. Clothing should always be kept dry, including gloves. The clothing should also be 100% cotton. Some of the welding will produce strong IR/UV rays which will cause a nasty sunburn on unprotected skin. You’ve been warned.
Reserve your seat
$10 Material fee
As with most of our events, seating is limited, so you must make reservations on Eventbrite if you plan to attend. Thank you!
- What: Needlecraft Meetup
- When: Tuesday, 5/24, 7:00pm (Same time as Android, different area.)
- Who: Open to the public, any skill level is welcome. Knit, crochet, and more.
- What: Android User Group Meetup
- When: Tuesday, 5/24, 7:00pm (Same time as needlecraft, different area.)
- Who: Open to the public, any skill level. Users, developers, iPhone refugees, anyone with an interest in Android is welcome!
- Bring: Phones, tablets, or toasters that run Android.
- What: Locksport / Lockpicking class
- When: Wednesday, 5/25, 7:00 doors, 7:30 class
- Who: Novice locksport enthusiasts who preregistered.
- Bring: Locks to pick, picks if you have ‘em, $20 if you don’t.
phone: (248) 906-8473
Stay Informed – Mailing Lists
|Subscribe to i3 Public Group|
|Visit i3 Public group|